McSween Custom Fabricating is both a fabrication company as well as a field installation company, specializing in structural steel fabrication and piping.
We’re seeking exceptional individuals to join our winning team. If you’re a motivated, hardworking and a positive worker, seeking long-term and permanent employment, we’d like to hear from you!
Location: Edmonton Area
- Competitive Base Wage
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Complete QC tasks assigned by QC Manager & Operations Manager, related to structural steel,
- piping and Vessel work (CWB codes and ABSA).
- Veriﬁcation of material condition, grade, and specification to ensure compliance with drawings
- and/or other specific requirements.
- Visual inspections during various welding stages, and of final assemblies including welds,
- materials, flange faces etc.
- Dimensional verifications
- Ensuring heat numbers and welder id’s are clearly identified on final assemblies
- Monitor the control, issue and storage of welding electrodes
- Surveillance activities
- Effective transfer of quality related information to the QC Manager
- Promote and adhere to McSween Custom Fabricators Safety Management System
- CWB Level 2
- Certiﬁed in 531.3 arid W59
- 3+ years experience working in a Quality position
- 5+ years previous trades experience
- Trade certification in Welding, Pipefitting, or Structural Steel Plate Fitting.
- Experience working in a shop structural and piping environment
- Experience assembling ITPs
- Experience generating RFIs and NCRs
- Experience reviewing client specifications
- Experience with weld mapping
- Strong understanding of weld procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously
- manage several projects
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, &< Outlook
- Leadership skills
- Mentoring skills
McSween Custom Fabricating provides a positive, team oriented working environment.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to the following email address…
or fax it to…
You can also get started by filling out the the appropriate application package below…
2023 Employee Hire Package
2023 Contractor Package
MCS Hire On Package 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time constraints, only those chosen to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in McSween Custom Fabricating!