McSween Custom Fabricating is both a fabrication company as well as a field installation company, specializing in structural steel fabrication and piping.
We’re seeking exceptional individuals to join our winning team. If you’re a motivated, hardworking and a positive worker, seeking long-term and permanent employment, we’d like to hear from you!
Location: Edmonton Area
- Competitive Base Wage
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Perform regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Provide guidance, operational support and assistance to staff and clients in understanding the requirements of the HSSE manual, site policies and legislation
- Holding regular meetings to discuss HSSE related issues with front line work force and facility staff
- Complete on-site incident investigations when accidents occur on the job site
- Assess the safety of work conditions on job sites and if deemed unsafe, must stop contractor work until control of the work place has been re-established
- Complete operational risk assessment utilizing ﬁeld level risk assessment, checklists, job hazard analysis and risk matrix hazard identification tools
- Consider/implement risk reduction or risk control measures to minimize the chances of accidents from occurring
- Review and monitor HSSE programs of sub-contractors for site policies arid legislation compliance
- Responsible for maintaining onsite documentation as needed to ensure legislation and due diligence requirements are met.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Responsible for training new HSSE personnel entering operations
- Responsible for auditing operations to meet provincial and federal jurisdictions
- Maintain records of inspections findings and produce corrective action logs for deficiency corrections and improvements
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of legislation, client,
- Site and McSween’s health, safety policies and procedures
- Travel to multi-sites (areas of operations) to provide support to operations and administration for the on-going development of McSween Custom Fabricator’s Safety Management System.
- Other duties as required.
- Promote and adhere to McSween Custom Fabricator’s Safety Management System.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a safety role with a proven record of effective safety management
- Working knowledge using HSSE standards, codes and practices
- Experience interpreting, implementing environmental and other safety laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of management and other clients to meet or exceed their expectations
- Work cooperatively with and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to take on self directed tasks when necessary
- Time management skills, attention to detail, and the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency
- The ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels
- Positive, outgoing, motivated and hardworking individual
McSween Custom Fabricating provides a positive, team-oriented working environment.
Please send your resume to the following email address…
or fax it to…
You can also get started by filling out the the appropriate application package below…
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time constraints, only those chosen to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in McSween Custom Fabricating!